Bioinformatics @ School
The Bioinformatics Unit has been collaborating in middle and high school activities, introducing teachers and students to new methods of teaching biology, using Bioinformatics resources available on the Internet.
- Experimental activities comprising practical exercises done by students in their own schools, using available informatics infrastructure.
- Training of teachers in schools and at our Institute.
- School projects on specific subjects, with orientation of students in the use of Bioinformatics resources.
- Bioinformática na Escola - this project aims to don schools with new means to learn biology, adapting bioinformatics methods to class curricula, promoting the acquisition of scientific and technological knowledge.
NOTE: You need a login and password to access the activities on this web page. Please ask it by sending an email to Isabel Marques, with the name of school where you teach.
Bioinformatics at School - Professional Development Course for Teachers
At the request of secondary school teachers to have training in Bioinformatics activities, a partnership with Centros de Formação Contínua de Professores was established. The “Bioinformatics at School” training is accredited for teachers’ continuous professional development (CPD) by the national Conselho Científico-Pedagógico da Formação Contínua of the Ministry of Education:
- The course is intended for secondary school teachers.
- It is held at the Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência and/or at the respective Centros de Formação, in a total of 25 hours (1 UC).